Tom
Tom, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47830436

Need approx. wide range value 8mm discontinued in 1938

Customer Question

Need approx. wide range value for an 8mm discontinued in 1938 mauser 8mm rifle. In good condition. Needs to be looked at by an expert gun person to be certain it is operating properly, it has not been fired in many years but appears to be in good shape. However I am not an expert. Also.. a chrome colored Colt 45cal revolver..handles have been changed, and a Sturm Ruger 22cal pistol takes an 8 bullit clip..a Sturm Ruger 22cal single action revolver produced between 1953 and 1972..the gun has someone's initials on it..lastly 3 22cal squirrel rifles.. one is quite old..as much as 100 years..thanks phbfeegmail.com
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Blue Book, and Just Answer!

My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you.

A) For the Colt revolver, what is the serial number and barrel length?

B) For the Sturm Ruger pistol and revolver, what are their serial numbers?

C) Details on the 3 .22 caliber squirrel rifles - I need to know all the markings on the guns

Attaching photos will help considerably.

Philip

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry.. the information I have provided is about all I have. The guns are at a dealer that I am personally aquainted with and I do not want irritate this dealer unless your estimates are far above those that I have been given. I am looking for a wide high low range with no guarantee. The Colt barrel is about 5 inches. I do not know the brands of the squirrel guns. The very old unit I mentioned is a single shot that is at least 75 years old and most likely older. The cocking lever works but does not come all the way tight after it is activated. All the guns have not been used is well over 20 years and would need cleaning. One of the other squirrel guns appears to be in good shape and has a telescope. The last is rusty and most likely needs a good deal of care.If you cannot give me a wide estimate range with the information given I will pass your service and think about retrieving the guns so that I can give more information. I do not have any serial numbers as a neglected to make a note of them prior to dropping them at the dealer..actually I would not know where to look for them. Regards WB

Sadly, I need more information on each of those guns to accurately determine which model and configuration you have. On the squirrel guns, I don't know the manufacturer, either.

Prices can vary widely based on a variety of factors that I need to know, so I simply can't even hazard a guess on them in good conscience without more information.

Philip

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions