Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47070024

I have a & Wesson 32 CTG sn: 345330. What can you tell me

Customer Question

I have a Smith & Wesson 32 LONG CTG sn: 345330. What can you tell me about it?
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Blue Book, and Just Answer!

My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you.

What other markings do you see on that gun, including patent dates?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PATENTED FEB8 08, SEPT 14.09, DEC08.14
WALNUT WOOD HANDLE CHECKERED. As gun points to the left, the S&W trademeark between trigger and handle.
I seen a lot of descriptions of this except MADE IN USA on right side is not anywhere on this piece. It is also chromed r polished nickel

Ok - back shortly.

Those appear to be third-party grips, and not Smith & Wesson. That will move the gun's value to the $275 to $300 range. If you have the original grips, that would probably raise the value.

November 21, 2015

Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Manufacturer/Trademark – Smith & Wesson

Model/configuration – Model 32 Hand Ejector Third Model, .32 S&W Long cal., with 3-1/4, 4-1/4, or 6 inch bbl., and nickel finish.

Serial Number – 345330 mfg. circa 1920.

Additional Information – 6 shot fluted cylinder, grips of checked hard rubber with "S&W" monogram, round butt. 271,531 mfg. 1917-1942.

Value Range (based on percentage of original finish on the gun and in working order):

100% - $1,000
98% - $750
95% - $575
90% - $475
80% - $375
70% - $300
60% - $275
50% - $250
40% - $225
30% - $200
20% - $175
10% - $150

I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.

For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Sincerely,

Philip

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.

The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.

The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.

All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

Hi - just checking to see if you got my answer on your Smith&Wesson?

Philip

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions