Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47070024

We are looking value of a Browning Gold semi-auto 28'

Customer Question

Hi
we are looking for the value of a Browning Gold semi-auto 28' barrell belgium made numbers on it is F-5 1NR10691 and a picture of a Deer on the metal and one on the butt plate.
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Blue Book, and Just Answer!

My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you.

Is that a 12 gauge?

November 18, 2015

Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Manufacturer/Trademark – Browning

Model/configuration – Model Gold 3-Inch Hunter, 12 ga., with 28 inch bbl., and blue finish.

Serial Number – F-51NR10691 mfg. circa 1997.

Additional Information – 3 in. chamber, self-cleaning piston rod gas action with self-regulation, alloy receiver with non-glare black finish and "Gold Hunter" on receiver side, VR Invector Plus choked barrel with high polish bluing, cross-bolt safety, gloss finish checkered walnut stock and forearm with vented recoil pad, includes 3 choke tubes, 6 lbs. 12 oz. - 7 lbs. 10 oz. Parts mfg. in Belgium and final assembly in Portugal. Mfg. 1994-2005.

NOTE: Do not use 12 ga. 3 1/2 in. chambered barrels on either a 2-3/4 or 3 in. receiver, or vice versa.

Value Range (based on percentage of original finish on the gun and in working order):

100% - $825
98% - $575
95% - $450
90% - $375
80% - $300
70% - $275
60% - $250

I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.

For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.com

Sincerely,

Philip

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.

The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.

The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.

All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions