ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
30945867

How much is a 1843 confederat 6 shooter pistol black powder

Customer Question

How much is a 1843 confederat 6 shooter pistol black powder gun is worth
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. Can you please tell me everything that you see stamped or written on the gun?

Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
U still there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pat in 1850 confederate 45
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Is there any company name anywhere or any other markings?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea lots
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

OK I need to know everything that it says on the gun

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm on my way to the gun but its ingraved 1843 pat 1850 colt it has a stamp of cav on it
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Can you take a photo of the markings?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea but its not loadin look here's my num plz call I can send I the pics(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Connecticut valley arms Inc on barl
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

okay. I am teaching a class at the moment but I will get back to you this afternoon with more information about your gun.

Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your patience. I had a family emergency that took me away for a bit.

Your revolver is a modern day replica made by Connecticut Valley Arms. I have your value info below...

If you are new to Just Answer, please read first: Once you have read the answer below, you will be prompted to provide a positive rating (on your screen now) for my efforts in answering your question. Please understand that this positive rating is how the website compensates me for my work on your question.

The rating that you give is for my efforts, not the specific answer itself. Sometimes we give a good effort but must deliver bad news, like a low value for your firearm. We don’t like having to do that, but we want to provide you with an honest answer nonetheless. This rating must be completed by you in order to close the question out. If you have a follow-up question, you can still reply back to me and I’ll be happy to assist you further. Please reply back and ask any additional questions that you have before you consider leaving a negative rating.
.
Answer:
.
Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com..
.
.
Manufacturer - Connecticut Valley Arms (CVA)
Model - Model 1860 Army black powder

Estimated Value Range –see below..

For your firearm, the following current values apply (from the Blue Book of Gun Values). Retail prices may be 20% higher. Percentages are based on the amount of original finish on the gun, and its operational ability. Values are in US Dollars..

New in box/perfect --100% condition - $250
Mint condition --------98% condition - $220
Very Good+ condition -- 90% condition- $185
Very Good condition ------ 80% condition - $155
Subtract 25% from the above values since the gun has a brass frame.

Sincerely,
Jim
.
.
This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.

The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions