ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
30945867

I have a Harrington & Arms Company Revolver. It is a top

Customer Question

I have a Harrington & Richardson Arms Company Revolver. It is a top break 7 shot. On left side of barrel it reads Premier 22 Rim Fire. The serial number is ***** Barrel length is 5 inches. Was wondering if you could give me more info on it.
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

What kind of info are you looking for?

Jim

Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Are you looking for info on the value?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was hoping to get info such as model, manufacture date, where I can find schematics/parts for it, value, etc.
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Ok, understood. Let me gather the info for you. I will return asap.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are some photos to help
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Excellent, thank you. Working on it.

Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Need some info - Can you tell me the patent dates and exactly how the company address is listed on the gun?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Harrington & Richardson Arms Company
Worcester, Mass, U.S.A. Pat Oct. 8 1895
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also have 1/2 of the grip. It is made from what appears to be a hard plastic. Here are some pictures
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Ok, thank you....

Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

If you are new to Just Answer, please read first: Once you have read the answer below, you will be prompted to provide a positive rating (on your screen now) for my efforts in answering your question. Please understand that this positive rating is how the website pays me for my work on your question. The rating that you give is for my efforts, not the specific answer itself. Sometimes we give a good effort but must deliver bad news, like a low value for your firearm. We don’t like having to do that, but we want to provide you with an honest answer nonetheless.This rating must be completed by you in order to close the question out. If you have a follow-up question, you can still reply back to me and I’ll be happy to assist you further. Please reply back and ask any additional questions that you have before you consider leaving a negative rating.If you have trouble with the rating system, simply reply back with “excellent service, good service, etc.”A few days after receiving your answer, the website will send you a brief customer satisfaction survey. Please take a moment to complete that, as those high scores are what allows me to be able to help future customers.
.
Answer:
.
Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com..
.
.
Manufacturer - Harrington & Richardson
Model - Premier Second Model Small Frame Top Break R.F. & C.F., Third variation
Serial no. - 205055
Year of manufacture - 1909 to 1913 (more defined info not available)
Estimated Value Range –see below..

Description - .22 rimfire or .32 S&W cal., double top post barrel latch, 5 or 7 shot, automatic cylinder stop, nickel finish with case hardened hammer and barrel latch, 2, 3 (standard), 4, 5, and 6 in. barrel, caliber markings on left side of barrel, manufactured for smokeless powder cartridge pressures.

For your firearm, the following current values apply (from the Blue Book of Gun Values). Retail prices may be 20% higher. Percentages are based on the amount of original finish on the gun, and its operational ability. Values are in US Dollars..

New in box/perfect --100% condition - $265
Mint condition --------98% condition - $235
Excellent condition -- 95% condition - $200
Very Good+ condition -- 90% condition- $160
Very Good condition ------ 80% condition - $135
Good+ condition ------------70% condition - $110
Good condition --------------60% condition - $100
.
Add 20% for guns with a 5 in. barrel
Add 20% for .22 rimfire cal.

I could not locate a schematic online for the gun, but there may be one out there that can be found with some additional research. Parts are going to be somewhat difficult to find, but Numrich Gun Parts does carry some here - http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/HarringtonRichardson-33274.htm A gunsmith may also be able to fashion replacement parts for you. Unfortunately, the cost of making/buying replacement parts may outweigh the value of the gun. Sadly, there isn't great demand today for guns like this.
.
.
Sincerely,
Jim
.
.
This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.

The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Did you need anything further on this?

Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything further you need on this, or can we close out the question?

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions