Tom
Tom, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47830436

Winchester 94 Caliber 30-30 Winchester 94 Caliber 32 Min SPL

Customer Question

Winchester 94 Caliber 30-30
Winchester 94 Caliber 32 Min SPL
Smith & Wesson Revolver 357 Magnom 1"
Smith & Wesson Revolver 357 Mag 2" stainless
Sig P-226
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

We usually do one firearm per question. Is there one particular gun you'd like to start with here?

Jim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the 3030 thanks
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
Thank you...For that gun, I will need the serial number in order to do the appraisal properly.
I await your reply...
Jim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No serial numbers, you don't need that and I would never give that out. This is a scam. And if you charge me for doing nothing. Dont
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
First of all, this is not a scam. I am a professional firearms expert and appraiser (and a retired law enforcement officer) so I am a bit offended by your accusation. I have helped hundreds, if not thousands of people here with their gun questions..
Secondly, the serial number is ***** to date the gun, because the value of a Model 94 changes depending on the year it was made....but you wouldn't know that, because you aren't the expert here. I am. That's why you came here - for an expert's help.
In all honesty, I personally don't care about the serial number on your gun, except that its needed for the appraisal. No one is trying to steal your gun. Heck, you could even leave the last digit as an X if you wanted to.; but I need some info to work with.
Also, you asked for a Blue Book appraisal, and as a certified Blue Book appraiser, I need the serial number to properly complete the appraisal. Its part of the format for the answer.
That's why we need info like serial numbers, model numbers and the like. No one here is trying to scam you.
I can send your question to customer service for a refund if you would like, so that you don't get charged since you don't trust the service.

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions