ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
30945867

12ga. 28" double barrel hunter arms l.c. shotgun 1890 "00"

Customer Question

12ga. 28" double barrel hunter arms l.c. Smith shotgun 1890 "00" serial#340302 great shape what's it value
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
If you are new to Just Answer, please read first: Once you have read the answer below, you will be prompted to provide a positive rating (on your screen now) for my efforts in answering your question. Please understand that this positive rating is how the website pays me for my work on your question. The rating that you give is for my efforts, not the specific answer itself. Sometimes we give a good effort but must deliver bad news, like a low value for your firearm. We don’t like having to do that, but we want to provide you with an honest answer nonetheless.
This rating must be completed by you in order to close the question out. If you have a follow-up question, you can still reply back to me and I’ll be happy to assist you further. Please reply back and ask any additional questions that you have before you consider leaving a negative rating.
If you have trouble with the rating system, simply reply back with “excellent service, good service, etc.”
A few days after receiving your answer, the website will send you a brief customer satisfaction survey. Please take a moment to complete that, as those high scores are what allows me to be able to help future customers.
Answer:
Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com
.
.
Manufacturer - LC Smith
Model - Grade 00
Serial Number - 340302
Year of manufacture - 1912
Estimated Value Range –see below
.
.
For your firearm, the following current values apply (from the Blue Book of Gun Values). Retail prices may be 20% higher. Percentages are based on the amount of original finish on the gun, and its operational ability. Values are in US Dollars.
.
New in box/perfect --100% condition - $N/A
Mint condition --------98% condition - $N/A
Excellent condition -- 95% condition - $N/A
Very Good+ condition -- 90% condition- $2,000
Very Good condition ------ 80% condition - $1,400
Good+ condition ------------70% condition - $1,100
Good condition --------------60% condition - $900
Less then good - $450 to $750
.
Add $500 for auto ejectors on all grades with values of $1,500+, or 33% for values less than $1,500.
Add $500 for a Hunter One-Trigger on all grades with values of $1,500+, or 33% for values less than $1,500.
Add 25% for Krupp Steel barrels.
Add 10% for straight grip (English) stocks.
Add 25% for Monte Carlo stocks.
Deduct $300 for shortened (cut) barrels.
Deduct $300 for shortened stocks.
Deduct $200 for missing or incorrect butt pad.
Deduct $100 for missing brass or $200 for missing ivory sighting beads.
.
.
.
Sincerely,
Jim
.
.
This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.
The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.
The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.
All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun
Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
Hi again....if you do not have any further questions on this, please remember to complete a positive rating for the question on your screen now. That is needed to close the question out.
Thanks!
Jim

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions