Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47070024

I have a colt 1883 10 ga hammer less shot gun full engraved 32" barrel delivered to

Customer Question

i have a colt 1883 10 ga hammer less shot gun full engraved 32" barrel delivered to Edward m Bunce 1894. have colt certification what is it worth
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Blue Book, and Just Answer!My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you.Back in a few minutes with appraisal.
The values below are for moderate engraving and above average walnut. If your gun is highly engraved, I suggest you take it to a local auction house that specializes in antique firearms for a "hands on" appraisal due to the value of those guns. The more engraved, the more of a premium you will get. The fact that Mr. Bunce owned that gun might provide another premium if you can find a collector with interest in such a thing. July 30, 2015 Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com Manufacturer/Trademark – ColtModel/configuration – Model 1883 Hammerless side-by-side shotgun, 10 ga., with 32 inch bbl., and blue finish. Mfg. circa 1894 (antique) per customer. Additional Information – damascus barrels, many deluxe custom orders mfg. in this model from 1883-1895. Approx. serial range is 1-3,050 and 4,055-8,365. Seldom encountered in mint condition. This model was generally a custom order gun with no standard grades being designated. Quality was extremely high, and the high cost of manufacture is a large reason why the gun never sold in large numbers commercially. The Model 1883 was discontinued after only 12 years of manufacture (it was one of the most expensive shotguns during its day). Values below assume moderate engraving and above average walnut. NOTE: Designed to shoot black powder loads only, not smokeless powder. Value Range (based on percentage of original finish on the gun and in working order):100% - $4,25098% - $3,75095% - $3,35090% - $2,99580% - $2,67570% - $2,20060% - $1,92550% - $1,65040% - $1,47530% - $1,10020% - $99510% - $875 I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.comSincerely,PhilipThis Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions