Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47070024

I have a Mauser-werke Kal22 Lang fur buchsen s/n 6043 and is

Customer Question

I have a Mauser-werke Kal22 Lang fur buchsen s/n 6043 and is marked on the receiver with
Deutches Sportmodell. I received it as a gift quite rusty and without a stock. Not knowing anything about the weapon I had it re-blued to lessen any further damage and tried to find an original stock without success and finally got one with a cheekpad on the left side.
What can you tell me about it (worth, mcg date, etc.)
Thanks
Curt Walker
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Blue Book, and Just Answer!My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you. Getting my references out right now - back shortly
Below is information on the gun, including pricing based on the percentage of original finish remaining. In the condition it is now without a stock, it would be worth perhaps $100 to $150. If you find a stock for it, then, assuming the finish is at least 60% or better and the gun is in working order, the value would max out at around $475. The reason it won't go above $475 is because 1) it is not the original finish and 2) the stock won't be the original stock. If the gun still is rusty or it is pitted or not working, the value will drop off from the $475 value. July 16, 2015 Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com Manufacturer/Trademark – Mauser (Germany) Model/configuration – Model DSM34 (DEUTSCHES SPORTMODELL) bolt-action rifle, .22 LR cal., with 26 inch bbl., and blue finish. Serial Number – 6043. Additional Information – lightweight trainer, side sling, no bayonet lug, military-style stock with no checkering. Made from 1934 through 1939. Value Range (based on percentage of original finish on the gun and in working order):100% - $3,00098% - $2,50095% - $1,75090% - $1,00080% - $75070% - $55060% - $475 I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.comSincerely,PhilipThis Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.
Checking to see if you received my answer on your Mauser rifle...

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions