ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
30945867

Price J P Claybrough & Bros 12 ga double barrel shotgun.

Customer Question

price for a J P Claybrough & Bros 12 ga double barrel shotgun. Nickel barrel with etched fingerprint like swirl pattern , ornate double hammers, some surface rust, forestock replaced, very ornate etchings, brass badge on walnut stock, handmade screws.
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
Thank you for your question!
If you are new to Just Answer, please read first: Once you have read the answer below, you will be prompted to provide a positive rating (on your screen now) for my efforts in answering your question. Please understand that this positive rating is how the website pays me for my work on your question. The rating that you give is for my efforts, not the specific answer itself. This rating must be completed by you in order to close the question out. If you have a follow-up question, you can still reply back to me and I’ll be happy to assist you further.
Answer:
Thank you for your question today! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you. Current market value for a Claybrough shotgun in good+ condition would be valued in the $175 to $300 range, depending on mechanical condition and original finish & wood. The engraving helps the value, but the stock replacement hurts it. As an average number, I would say $250 would be a fair price.
I hope that this is helpful!
Jim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure! Please remember to complete a positive rating on your screen now. That is necessary for the website to be able to credit me for helping you and also to close out the question.

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions