Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47070024

Phillip, I've got a Parker Bros double barrel,double trigger, pistol grip 12 gaug

Customer Question

Hi Phillip,
I've got a Parker Bros double barrel,double trigger, pistol grip 12 gauge. The barrel says Plain Twist and the serial number is ***** The stock is pain Jane with a steel butt plate. On the underside of the barrel, near the hinge , it's stamped "M+ 46". I don't know anything about old guns... This one's a hand me down. Thanks!
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 1 year ago.
The serial number is ***** useful with Parker guns. Here you go: July 5, 2015 Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com Manufacturer/Trademark – Parker Brothers Model/configuration – Model Grade-0 double-barrel shotgun, 12 cal./ga., with 28 inch bbl., and blue finish. Serial Number – 16141 mfg. circa 1879 (antique). Additional Information – plain twist, under lifter, pistol grip stock, hammer. Parker's biggest selling model, offered with all options, the most commonly found Parker. Approx. 79,000 mfg. Grading similar to VH grade models. Value Range (based on percentage of original finish on the gun and in working order):100% - $--98% - $--95% - $--90% - $4,70080% - $4,30070% - $4,00060% - $3,75050% - $3,20040% - $3,00030% - $2,25020% - $2,00010% - $1,500 I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.comSincerely,PhilipThis Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions