Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47070024

What is the value of P226, 9mm, marked-West Germany, Tyson

Customer Question

What is the value of P226, 9mm, marked-West Germany, Tyson Cprner, VA - I have a subscription to Blue Book but could not find values or picture of the early model.
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Blue Book, and Just Answer!My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you.Back shortly.
The Blue Book notes this on the earlier production Sig Sauers handguns: "Early SIG Sauer pistols can be marked either with the Herndon or Tysons Corner, VA barrel address, and can also be marked "W. Germany" or "Germany". Earlier mfg. had three proofmarks on the bottom front of the slide, with a fourth on the frame in front of the serial number. Early guns with these barrel markings will command a slight premium over prices listed below, if condition is 98%+." Thus, the pricing listed for the P226 in the Sig Sauer section of the Blue Book are accurate for the early models with the above caveat if in 98%+ condition. If can help further with this, please let me know. Philip
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I alrady had tha info from my blue book subscription-- what is the value
Sure. I'm on the phone, back shortly.
Value Range (based on percentage of original finish on the gun and in working order):100% - $87598% - $73095% - $62590% - $52580% - $45070% - $40060% - $350

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions