Bill
Bill, Gunsmith
Experience:  Master machinist/tool and die maker, gunsmith, firearms appraiser.
9353784

Value of Thompson 30 Cal hand gun 357 barrel 44 mag barrel

Customer Question

value of Thompson 30 Cal hand gun 357 barrel 44 mag barrel ser 6274
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service.
Is this a Thompson Center?
Can you tell me what model it is please? Contender?
Thanks,
Bill
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
bill I don,t know gave ser 6274 yes a contender
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
excellent condition
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.
OK, thanks.
The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com.
Manufacturer/Trademark - Thompson Center Arms
Model/Configuration - Contender
Serial Number – 6274
Estimated condition: excellent condition
additional info - CONTENDER - .22 LR, .22 Rem., 5mm Rem., .218 Bee, .22 Hornet, .22 Jet, .221 Fireball, .222 Rem., .25-35 WCF, .256 Mag., .30 Carbine, .30-30 Win., .38 Spl., .357 Mag., .17 Ackley Bee, .17 Bumblebee, .17 Hornet, .17K Hornet, .17 Rem., .300 Whisper (new 1994), .30 Herrett, .357 Herrett, .357-44 B&D, 7x30 Waters, .32 H&R Mag., .32-20 WCF, 6mm TCU, 6.5mm TCU, or 9mm Para. cal., barrels are interchangeable, 8 3/4 (disc.), 10, or 14 in. barrel, hinged break open action, trigger guard action lever, blue, .44, .357 Mag., and .45 Colt available with detachable choke for hot shot cartridges, VR, 10 in. barrel available, 10 in. bull barrel, adj. sights, checkered walnut grip and forearm. Mfg. 1967-2000.
Estimated Value Range -
100%: $695
98%: $575
95%: $495
90%: $430
Add approx. $240 per additional barrel.
Excellent condition would be in the 95-98% range
I trust that this info will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service. For other firearms related info, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.com.
This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of appraisal. the value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal fir retail or wholesale purposes.
The info and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values, my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the U.S., firearms auctions, and through various online sites.
The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into the account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.
All info compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2012 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.
Thank you again,
I hope this helps,
Bill

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions