Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Associate Degree
Experience:  Firearms appraiser.
47070024

I have 2 Model 31 Smith & Wesson in 32 cal. One is

Customer Question

Hello:
I have 2 Model 31 Smith & Wesson in 32 cal. One is 2 inches and the second in 3 inch barrel size. Both are new in box. What is the approx value?
Don
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Blue Book and Just Answer!My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you. I'll be back in a few minutes with the appraisal. Philip
June 6, 2015 Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com Manufacturer/Trademark – Smith & Wesson Model/configuration – Model 31 (the 32 Regulation Police), .32 S&W Long cal., with 2 and 3 inch bbl., and blue or nickel finish. Finish (Assuming original) – 100% per customer. Additional Information – improved I-frame and J-frame, fixed sights, square butt. H serial prefix starts in 1969. Mfg. 1948-1991. Estimated Value Range – Current value should be $495 (each) NOTE: Add 25% for early flat-latch models. I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.comSincerely,PhilipThis Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2015 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions