Bill
Bill, Gunsmith
Experience:  Master machinist/tool and die maker, gunsmith, firearms appraiser.
9353784

My father has a Browning 12 gag mag with a number 70V 61609

Customer Question

My father has a Browning 12 gag mag with a number 70V 61609 made in Belgium I thing he bought it around 1972 from Sears catalog. What is its value ?
Category: Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.com.
Manufacturer/Trademark - BROWNING
Model/Configuration - A-5 Shotgun, 12 gauge Magnum, semi-auto
Serial Number – 70V61609; mfg. 1970
additional info - AUTO-5 MAGNUM - 12 (new 1958) or 20 (new 1967) ga., 3 in. chamber, 26, 28, 30, or 32 in. barrels, various chokes, VR or etched, 8 1/2 - 9 lbs. Mfg. 1958-1976 by FN, 1976-Feb. 1998 by Miroku.
Estimated Value Range, FN model -
100%: $1150
98%: $975
95%: $800
90%: $675
80%: $600
Add $200 if it has ventilated rib.
I trust that this info will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service. For other firearms related info, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.com.
Sincerely,
Bill
This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of appraisal. the value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal fir retail or wholesale purposes.
The info and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values, my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the U.S., firearms auctions, and through various online sites.
The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into the account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.
All info compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2012 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.

Related Blue Book of Guns, Firearms Appraisals Questions