Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My bird went on ain my car in a cage. He has lost the

Customer Question

my bird went on a*****in my car in a cage. He has lost the ability to stand and his head is thrashing back and fourth . this has been going on for six hours and I have no idea what to do
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the bird's name and age?
Customer: his name is ***** ***** he is two. I just bought him from the person that drove him
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about rocky?
Customer: no
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 20 days ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. We don't have many avian vets on this site. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Rocky, please? Which type of bird is he? You appear to be describing a seizing bird that would need the attention of an avian vet who would sedate Rocky with an anticonvulsive drug such as phenobarbital.