Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds
21122637

I found her on the bottom of her cage unable to walk or

Customer Question

I found her on the bottom of her cage unable to walk or climb.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: She doesn Sorry, she doesn't seem to be able to move. Her feet are clinched up.
JA: What is the bird's name and age?
Customer: Shelby and 15 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Shelby?
Customer: She has been totally healthy her entire life. We aren't sure want changed.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Shelby. Which type of bird is she? What has her diet consisted of, please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry to say she passed away on New Year's Eve. She had always been very healthy. She has never been sick at all.
Loved her African grey food plus peanuts, fruits and nibbles of what we eat like eggs, hamburger, etc. She wouldn't eat anything she didn't like. She knew over 400 words and talked in sentences and sometimes paragraphs full of words, sang, whistled, and mimicked everything from the microwave, drawer squeaks, our dogs, all of voices, cell phones, alarms and more! Almost 20 years of laughter and joy.

My condolences for your very special Shelby. I appreciate your taking the time to let me know. You may receive an inappropriate follow-up from the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.