Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds
21122637

I have some sick chickens. it starts in one eye and then the

Customer Question

I have some sick chickens. it starts in one eye and then the other one. it swells shut and fills full of pus. they have a hard time breathing and they gasp for every breath. I know what it is but how do I cure it? it is whipping out my heard fast.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the chicken's name?
Customer: i am running about 400 head and increasing them every week. i have stopped ordering them because i can't stop this sickness.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about the chicken?
Customer: how to fix this?
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 27 days ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. We don't have many avian vets on this site. You mentioned that you know what this is. Please tell me what you're dealing with and how it was diagnosed.