Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

I have a 6 Mo old black sex link hen that is lethargic, comb

Customer Question

I have a 6 Mo old black sex link hen that is lethargic, comb and wattles are somewhat discolored. comb is folded over. The chicken is having convulsions in the neck area. It is not eating or drinking very much. I have isolated it from the rest of the flock. Any Idea what this could be?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the hen. What is the hen's name and age?
Customer: no name/6 mo old.
JA: How old is /6?
Customer: six months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about /6?
Customer: it has stopped laying eggs
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 days ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

Can you elaborate on "convulsions in the neck area", please? Can you upload a video of her to YouTube and give me the link to it? This is a good example in which a picture is worth 1000 words. Her other symptoms aren't pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular disorder.

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?