Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

We are leaving in 3 days for Belize, Central America from

Customer Question

We are leaving in 3 days for Belize, Central America from California and have completed all the requirements for export and import. Belize now requires us to provide PROOF by an official international veterinarian that the following diseases have not been detected in California in the past year. Our USDA accreditaded
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the bird?
Customer: vet cannot find any information regarding the reporting of these diseases and therefore cannot write a letter stating otherwise. There is no research available that we can find. The diseases are:
JA: Where does the bird seem to hurt?
Customer: Have you read my comments so far? The bird does NOT hurt.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the bird? OK. No obvious pain.
Customer: Have you read my comments?
JA: What is the bird's name?
Customer: Samantha
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

This information is available here: https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/ahfss/animal_health/pdfs/ca_reportable_disease_list_poster.pdf

Your vet need only call CDFA to see if any of the diseases on your list have been reported over the past year.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.