Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds

She has what appears to be a tiny growth above her beak and

Customer Question

She has what appears to be a tiny growth above her beak and discoloring surrounding it.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the bird's name and age?
Customer: Francis and she is 7.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Francis?
Customer: She has had 3 sets of babies in the past and after the dad died we added a juvenile male last year.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 months ago.

Juneanne, can you upload a photo(s) of this area to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as

I can be more accurate if I can see what you're seeing. What type of bird is Francis, please?