Dr. B.
Dr. B., Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinary surgeon, I have spent a lot of time with bird cases and I'm happy to help you.
60269376

My budgie laying eggs in a open nest. Nest is too gh and

Customer Question

Hi!
My budgie laying eggs in a open nest. Nest is too high and it's not safe. Is it safe to move baby budgie's after hatching? I got plastic vision nesting box. thank you!
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

In regards ***** ***** question, we can usually do so without too much fuss. Though you may want to make sure she sees you moving it and that you use the nest she has chosen as part of the new nesting site (either put into the nesting box you have or even just using it in a safer nearby location).

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is there anything else I should do?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again,

That is your main focus to the situation you noted. Otherwise, it sounds like you are pretty ready for these little ones and there isn't anything else we'd do. So, its just a case of them arriving and seeing what help they and mum need in the days to come.

All the best,

Dr. B.