Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds

My Silkie rooster Blue has a canker sore in mouth along with

Customer Question

Hello, My Silkie rooster Blue has a canker sore in mouth along with the clearish white gooey stuff!! He has just been wormed recently... Just to let you know. He's not eating and is kinda lethargic. What can I do to help him. He probably weighs a pound . Thank you .. Sheila Bowman
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help Sheila Bowman. How old is Sheila Bowman?
Customer: The rooster is named Blue. He's about 1 1/2 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Blue?
Customer: He's just sitting with eyes closed and the gooey stuff hanging from mouth . I have to clean it off . Just started today.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, Sheila. I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

What wormer did you use?

How long has he had this lesion? Where is it in the mouth?

Any changes to his breathing?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paperclip icon on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry I'm just getting back on here. Blue has passed away . Thank you for taking time out to answer my question. Sheila
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Oh dear, I am very sorry to hear that she has Shelia.

Since a colleague was not able to aid you when you posted, I will send your question back to customer service.

Take care,

Dr. B.