Dr. B.
Dr. B., Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinary surgeon, I have spent a lot of time with bird cases and I'm happy to help you.

What do I do with a bird, cannot find s nest , mom is still

Customer Question

what do I do with a young bird, cannot find his nest , mom is still trying to feed him.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

First, I am glad to hear that his mum knows where he is and is trying to feed him. In that case, even if you cannot find his nest, we can help keep him safe. Specifically, you need only make him a new nest near where he is located. To do so, you can use a Tupperware container or anything similar. Line it with some grass or material from where he is currently. Once you do so, you can use wire or twine to secure this to the nearest tree or station in a good hide bush for mum to come to him. Do make sure it is nest size and that there is a branch next to it for her to perch if possible. That way we can get him up out of reach of predators and mom can continue to care for him until he is ready to fledge.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.