Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds
21122637

I took her to vet he gave me a spray and I was already using

Customer Question

I took her to vet he gave me a spray and I was already using spray it didn't seem to help so I bought a vest to keep her from picking and I use neosporin
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the bird's name and age?
Customer: Her name is Noah and she is 20yrs old we have had her 12 years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Noah?
Customer: He did a culture and it was bacteria, all I can think is to take out all her things in her cage and buy new
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 6 months ago.

Hi there. My name is***** to hear that Noah is unwell. I will do my best to help with your question. First I have a few questions to help me better understand your situation.

​I'm sorry but I suspect the start of your question might have gotten chopped off when it was posted. Are you able to describe the problem area to me again? Is this a skin problem? Where abouts is the area affected? If you would like to upload a photo of the problem, this would help me understand Noah's issue a lot better. You can do this by clicking the paperclip button on this page, and selecting a photo to upload from your computer.

How long has Noah been affected? Has is become any worse since it first started?

What type of bird is Noah?

What is the name of the spray that she has been prescribed? How often have you been using it?

How often have you been applying Neosporin?

Has she been placed on any other medications, such as oral or injected antibiotics?