Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds

She had a little trouble coming out of egg. Now she has one

Customer Question

she had a little trouble coming out of egg. Now she has one leg that slides out from under her. I think her hip is deformed and her toes want open for her to stand . I need a way for her to keep it up under her. I put a tie one leg to other, hoping it would make the hunt leg stronger. need ideas how to work with that leg. She is 2 weeks old and don't want to lose her. just want to help her...
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: oh yes but it's not
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the bird's name?
Customer: Toes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Toes?
Customer: no she is fine if not for her deform....
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 4 months ago.

Hi there. My name is***** to hear that Toes is having troubles so early in life. I will do my best to help with your question. I think the start of you question might have cut off. What species of bird is Toes?