Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian

We have a couple of Canadian geese that just had a little

Customer Question

We have a couple of Canadian geese that just had a little one. The male got into a fight with another pair of Canadian geese. His right leg is He keeps it elevated. When he attempts to walk he limps favoring the left leg. Is there an anti inflammatory medicine. We might be able to give him?
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 5 months ago.
Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about this injury to this goose. The best thing that you can do for him is to try and keep the environment as free as possible from other possible injury potentials - cats and dogs. With him being not as mobile, he may not be able to get away as easily. If you can keep the environment free from these potential injury issues, then this is a situation where nature is going to hopefully do its thing and allow him rest to help him heal this injury. There isn't anything that you can give to him to help.