Dr. B.
Dr. B., Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinary surgeon, I have spent a lot of time with bird cases and I'm happy to help you.

I have 2 cararies. Last night I noticed one of them standing

Customer Question

I have 2 cararies. Last night I noticed one of them standing on one leg.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yesterday I put them outside in their cage for fresh air as I always do when the day is nice. Last night I left them out until it got dark.
JA: What is the bird's name and age?
Customer: It was a little cold last night-don't know if that affected him-he other carary is fine. The bird is named "Francis" and about 3 yrs old. Tonight he is on the perch on one leg and practically sitting on the perch at a lower level than his fellow canary "Peeps"- also he has labored breathering and is heaving his chest.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about And?
Customer: Whee can I take him-I live in Morgan Hill CA and know there is an aviary vet in Gilroy-can't remember her name. I give them fresh water and paper in their cage each day-good food and treats and apple sllices, spinch leaves, etc. We had a aviary when I was a kid and raised parakeets. I have never seen a bird act this way.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello-anyone there?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello& welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help. Based on his signs, we'd not assume that this is being caused by the chill. Instead, we can see perching like this related to pain from trauma and infections. That said, Francis's laboured breathing is an even bigger worry since that is more urgent and risky for him. So, in this case and especially since we do have respiratory concerns, we really do want to have him seen at this stage. In regards ***** ***** a vet near you, I would suggest checking @ and or to find a vet near you and nip this in the bud for Francis. Please take care,Dr. B.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.