Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds

Found a cockatiel in the park being attacked by minor birds.....wrapped

Customer Question

found a cockatiel in the park being attacked by minor birds.....wrapped it in a towel and brought it home and put it in a cage...was exhausted but after sleeping for a few hours it seemed to be is eating and drinking ok now...there is some damage around the eye....not on the eye itself I don't think....will it heal ok
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. Is the skin broken?Any discharges? If so, what color?Can you take a photo of this? If you can and post them, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paper clip icon above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, just post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me follow.