Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My rooster has a dime-size red sore on his upper left leg where

Customer Question

My rooster has a dime-size red sore on his upper left leg where the feathers meet the leg. He has had a few small red streaks on his leg for quite a while. Do you know what it might be and if I can do anything for him?
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 7 months ago.
Roosters can be wounded and suffer non-healing infected wounds and the older ones can develop skin cancers. I understand that he's going to be difficult to catch and treat unless you can confine him. I really need to see a photo of this to be more accurate for you. Can you upload a photo(s) to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/