Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds

My African Grey parrot fell off his perch and and sleeps a

Customer Question

My African Grey parrot fell off his perch and and sleeps a lot and act very weak.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your bird. What is the bird's name and age?
Customer: Fred and we had him for 4.5 yrs. don't know really how old. He was very active until we gave our parakets away.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Fred?
Customer: No but he's very loved.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I'm Dr. Bob. I apologize for the wait for a reply. Your question came in very early this morning and I just found it in the queue. I'm very sorry to read of Fred's condition, how long has he been showing the symptoms you've described?