Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds
21122637

I am pet sitting African Grey. I notices that her stools

Customer Question

I am pet sitting for an African Grey. I notices that her stools were a bright green. Is that normal? I called the owner and she told me that she gets it on and off. Please can you let me know what I should do.
'
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. Is this the first stool you have seen her pass? How did the last one appear?What has she been fed in the past 24 hours?Any access to bright pigmented toys or chews?How is she in herself?Can you take a photo of this? If you can and post them, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paper clip icon above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, just post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me follow.