Dr. B.
Dr. B., Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinary surgeon, I have spent a lot of time with bird cases and I'm happy to help you.

JA: . What do you want help with? Customer: We have

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: We have pair of parakeet one of bird has blood in dropping
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the bird?
Customer: We just cleaned the sand paper base tray I still some dropping red
JA: Where does the bird seem to hurt?
Customer: No infect both are active and playing with each other
JA: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the bird's name and age?
Customer: We didn't name them yet
JA: How old is Them?
Customer: Only brought them a week ago
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Them?
Customer: She eat all the time
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Other one doesn't eat that much
Category: Bird Veterinary
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
So what should I do
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help Now if there is blood in one of your bird’s droppings we need to tread with great care. This is because our bird’s don’t have a lot of blood to spare and this can quickly lead to anemia and other health issues.That said, to start we need to make sure it is actually blood you are seeing. If there is any doubt, just take a sample of the blood and add a few drops of hydrogen peroxide onto it. If it bubbles, we know we have blood and need to be proactive with her. If it doesn't, then its likely pigment from her food or the material in the bottom of the cage.In regards ***** ***** for blood in stool, we’d have to be wary of infectious agents like viruses (ie adenovirus, herpes, etc), bacteria (ie clostridia, spirochetosis, etc), and parasites (ie coccidia). As well, we can see these signs with egg binding, gut based foriegn bodies, gut twists, or tumors. And while hopefully less likely here, do make sure that she has no access to heavy metals (ie lead, zinc) or chemicals (ie rat bait, aluminium containing deoroderants, etc).Overall, we do need to tread with care with these signs; even if she seems well and normal (which birds often behave as such until things are quite advanced). So, we’d want to determine if it is just now and we’d be best to have her seen urgently to address this quickly for this wee one before it can take any toll on her.Just in case you do need an avian vet and do not have one already, you can check where you can find one at near you at AAV (, Avian web( or Birdsnway( take care,Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Please rate my service afterwards, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you today. Thank you! : )
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. B.