Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

What kind of medicine crop

Customer Question

what kind of medicine for sower crop
Category: Bird Veterinary
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can't find d password
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. We don't have many avian vets on this site. I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this question. Please stay in this conversation if you wish. I'm going to assume that Thelma is a Rhode Island Red hen. If so, please see Dr. Petrik's synopsis of sour/impacted crop here: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/04/answers-from-chicken-vet-on-impacted.html Please note that once the crop is evacuated as he described, medications aren't usually necessary. I prefer to lavage the crop with diluted chlorhexidine (as per the label on the chlorhexidine product) after evacuation but that may be overkill. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.