Dr. G.
Dr. G., Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian.

My parakeet bird has broken his leg we have consult a vet

Customer Question

Hi my parakeet bird has broken his leg we have consult a vet doc but he was not specialist in avian however he has wrapped a bandage over his leg i want yo know how much time will take ti joint the leg and in how many days we have to again do the bandage
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Ya it was bleeding at the time of injury as it was night we have clean it with dettol and applied soframysin after taht bleeding stop then in mirning we visited doctor
JA: How old is Bird?
Customer: Be have brought th 20 days bck i ghink 6 month ols
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bird?
Customer: Actually i yhink he was speacialst for dogs
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can. Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 months ago.
I am sorry to hear this has happened to your bird. Fractures typically take 4-8 weeks minimum to heal. Many times it can take a bit longer. Bandage changes should typically occur every 4-7 days, unless the bandage gets dirty quickly, in which case it should be changed more frequently. Hopefully your little bird will be feeling better soon. Many times they can make a full recovery, but it just takes some time. Please feel free to reply back if you need any further information.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 months ago.
I strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction. Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise, please accept this answer and leave positive feedback for this conversation. Thank you very much and have a great day!