Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds
21122637

My cockatiel has a tumor looking pimple on it's wing. A local

Customer Question

My cockatiel has a tumor looking pimple on it's wing. A local vet pointed it out to me and said it was probably nothing. She screams when she preens there. Do you know anything about this. I could possibly send a photo?
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 7 months ago.
Hello,I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a licensed veterinarian with more than twenty years of experience. I'm here to help with your question about the bump on Sky's wing.I'm so sorry you've been having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided. I'll do my best to earn your good rating, because that's the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.In order to help me help you better, I'll need a little more information. To start with, please tell me the following:How long has Sky had this bump?Did the vet do anything other than a physical examination (looking at Sky)? Any analysis of cells from the lump under a microscope or blood work, for example?Yes... please do send a photo. Use the paperclip icon to upload. I'll look forward to your reply and will respond as quickly as possible. Thank you. 1
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 7 months ago.
Hello,Just checking in to ask how things are going with Sky.Thank you, ***** *****