Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Pearl, I have a lovebird and have noticed since today darkened

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have a lovebird and have noticed since today darkened nostrils? is this o
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the bird's name and age?
Customer: to worry about?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: He looks fine and happy as he can be.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this question. Please stay in this conversation if you wish. I believe that you're seeing dried nasal discharge which is normal unless excessive and associated with respiratory signs of infection - sneezing, coughing, inflammation of the nostrils, e.g. Can you upload a close-up photo(s) of your lovebird's face to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ I can be more accurate if I can see what you're seeing.