Joan, Vet. Tech.
Experience:  Vet Tech

My husband found what looks like a medium size hawk. We have

Customer Question

My husband found what looks like a medium size hawk. We have him in a big bird cage. His wings are good, he has a good grip with his feet. My husband gently puts his head in an upright position and does not seem to hurt him. His eyes are very alert, but we do not want to see this bird suffer. Can he be helped ?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the bird's name and age?
Customer: We think almost full grown.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: We do not notice any bleeding from anywhere on his body.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Joan replied 6 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ and involved with Rescue work. This bird nees to be turned over to a wild life Rehabbilitator as soon as reasonably possible. Many of these Birds are protected and needs to be treated professionally. I can get you a link for Avian Rehabbers with your State, or you can turn the Bird over to a local animal Care and Control where they can have the bird seen and treated. If the Bird cannot be released, the Rehabbers will use the Bird for education. Please let me know if you eed me to locate some Rehabbers for you. Joan