Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

They are shaking and panting, Blossom and Buttercup. I have

Customer Question

They are shaking and panting
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the bird's name and age?
Customer: Blossom and Buttercup. I have had them for five days. This is my first time with ducks.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Blossom?
Customer: No. I change the bedding a few times a day. I give them water. I let them swim in warm water for a few minutes every other day.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. We don't have many avian vets on this site and even less with experience with waterfowl. How old are Blossom and Buttercup? Are there other worrisome symptoms such as inappetence, regurgitation/vomiting, sneezing/nasal discharge, diarrhea, lameness. abnormal posture? What is their diet composed of? Shaking and panting can be pain responses, symptoms of intoxication, respiratory compromise, or any number of metabolic disorders.