Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds

I noticed a wild bird just sitting on our concrete walk

Customer Question

I noticed a wild bird just sitting on our concrete walk path, which is extremely rare, unless the bird is injured. We have hawks, crows and many stray cats in neighborhood. I then walked outside to 'investigate', and it was barely moving, however when I approached, the bird used one wing and got about 2 ft off the ground and did a partial fly run towards the street. I managed to get in front of it and chase it into our deep Jasmine, against our stucco wall. I then put bird seed and water deeply within the Jasmine, and told my husband to put wire around one section, so that the bird may have a chance at survival, due to cats. I have saved baby pigeons successfully, but I just did not catch this bird in time. Yesterday, Friday 18th, my husband found a dead bird about 5' from where the above bird was found. He did not check for type of injury, however my bird has a probable broken wing. I think it is possible that someone is using a BB gun for bird practice. What can I do?(###) ###-####
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  CVT_in_MN replied 7 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....
​What is your zip code?
Could you possibly attach a photo of the bird so I can see what we're working with?