Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Well she is setting on 2 eggs and since I put her in a

Customer Question

well she is setting on 2 eggs and since I put her in a different pen she has had a very watery stool and smells so bad
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the bird's name?
Customer: ebony
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ebony?
Customer: that is all I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 9 months ago.

It sounds as if Ebony is broody. One of the hallmarks of a broody chicken is particularly foul-smelling droppings. Please review this site and tell me if you think Ebony is behaving like a broody chicken: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/08/caring-for-broody-hens-facilitating-egg.html

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How do they act when they are brooding

The site describes broody behavior very well. Please scroll down to "How to Identify a Broody Hen" in that link.