Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds
21122637

I ave a female goose tat wen stands has poor balance and

Customer Question

I ave a female goose tat wen stands has poor balance and falls over. When you pick her up she is very light
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the bird?
Customer: Se may ave some scours but iam not sure wit birds
JA: Where does the bird seem to hurt?
Customer: She doesn't seem to be hurting. We gave er some grain pellets and se is eating. I thougt it may be worms
JA: OK. No obvious pain. There are all sorts of infestations the bird can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the bird's name and age?
Customer: she is Gurty and is not quite 6months
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the bird?
Customer: No she lives on half an acre and is fed every second day mung beans and chook laying pellets. We ave 8 geese in total and she is the only one sick
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long has Gurty been scouring? What does it look like?

Does she just seem weak when she walks?

Or does she have a head tilt, circling, or rapid eye movements?

Any access to toxins (ie plants, chemicals, heavy metals, etc)?

Any chance of head trauma or injury?