Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Cockatiel my bird has a hard tumer on left wing almost the

Customer Question

cockatiel my bird has a hard tumer on left wing almost the size of a ping pong ball
Category: Bird Veterinary
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue. Please stay in this conversation if you wish.

There are only two choices when such a cancer has progressed to that point. We either continue to "watchful wait" until it's obvious that our patient's quality of life is altered too adversely and, if so, euthanize, or we amputate the wing - something I can't imagine doing for a bird of your cockatiel's age. There is no conservative manner in which to approach such a cancer.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.