Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds
21122637

My 3 year old African grey chipped the tip oof her beak two

Customer Question

My 3 year old African grey chipped the tip oof her beak two days ago. I had to apply septic powder to stop the bleeding as um the only one she would let get close enough without biting. The break is not cracked. Now she will not talk or sing and also is very afraid of my wife and I.this breaks my heart as I am the one she shows most affection to. How do we over come this. Or is it something that will just pass with time
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Bob. I'm sorry to read of Echo's injury and behavioral change. and I apologize that your question has not been addressed earlier. There aren't many avian-knowledgeable veterinarians online, and I was offline for the weekend. Would you still like help with your problem?