Dr. Pat
Dr. Pat, Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  25+ years working primarily or exclusively with birds
21122637

My chicken has been lethargic a week now. A veterinarian

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** My chicken has been lethargic for over a week now. A veterinarian told me she has a impacted crop. She told me to give her 1/2 cc of mineral oil 3 to 4 times a day, and also some liquid laying mash because she is not eating, but she does drink water. Been doing this for almost a week now and no improvement. Are there any other options I could try?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My chicken is lethargic and not eating, but she is drinking water. Was told it was a impacted crop
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Bird Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Bob.

Sorry for the delay, I was offline while attending church. I'm concerned to read of the long-standing condition your chichen has been experiencing. Have you tried to feel her crop and its contents, and if so, what does it feel like?