Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I have a cockatiel and am considering using a Mr Heater Big

Customer Question

I have a cockatiel and am considering using a Mr Heater Big Buddy (vent-free propane ceramic heater) in a 34 ft RV. The heater would be at one end and the bird at the other end of the motorhome. I would have both a CO and propane detector at the halfway point. Windows and roof vents would be open (according to the heater instructions) near the heater in order to keep the bird away from cold drafts. The only info I can find online assumes that vent-less means "no windows open," which is contrary to the way this type of heater is used.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. We don't have many avian vets on this site and I suspect that my colleagues are as circumspect about commenting on this heater as I am. I don't want you to have to wait any longer and so I recommend that you contact the manufacturer directly: http://www.mrheater.com/big-buddy-portable-heater.html/ Scroll down to "contact us".

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't need an "expert" to suggest that, I've already done it. Will be requesting a full refund and won't be using this service again.