Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My name is ***** ***** and I have a chicken that all of a

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** and I have a chicken that all of a suddenly came up lame her foot is curled under cant walk on it she sits and has her mouth open she still eating and drinking a little I tried a sling and she got out of it iam at a loss
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She was out and they were scratching the next time I say her she was lame both legs seem fine and warm
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Bird Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 months ago.

How old is your chicken, please? Have you carefully examined that leg from hip to toes?