Dr. B.
Dr. B., Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinary surgeon, I have spent a lot of time with bird cases and I'm happy to help you.
60269376

Which of the two is easier to train and where can I find a

Customer Question

which of the two is easier to train and where can I find a British Budgie
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

As they are the same species, they have the same ability to learn. Therefore, they require the same level of training and neither would be easier then the other. The only difference is that our British breed is larger and more docile for the most part.

Otherwise, if you were keen to have a British one specifically, you would be best to visit a bird show or contact your local Budgie breeder. Most pet stores only carry the American ones, but a local breeder can either provide the British ones if they breed them or refer you to someone in your area that does. The easiest way to find a local Budgie breeder is to contact your local pet store, your local vet, or check with google (while including your state or city in the search).

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.** Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )