Dr. B.
Dr. B., Bird Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinary surgeon, I have spent a lot of time with bird cases and I'm happy to help you.
60269376

What is the difference between English budgies and

Customer Question

what is the difference between English budgies and parakeets?
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you today.

Actually, they are just 2 different "breeds" of Budgerigars.

Parakeet is the common term used to describe American Budgies. This breed tends to smaller then their English counterparts. They tend to be the ones we see in pet stores; where English Budgies tend to be the larger breed that is kept by fanciers and those who show birds. It is essentially the same situation as what we see in dog breeds; where our selective breeding has lead to one species showing breed variation.

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )