Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I have a afican grey that's needs her beak trimed ,and also

Customer Question

I have a afican grey that's needs her beak trimed ,and also her talats trimed is there a vet that will weight her and give her gas so she wont be tramoned sohe or she won get bit
and how much will it cost me?
Category: Bird Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

Joyce, please see here: www.aav.org for an avian vet near you. Click on "Resources>Find a Vet". I filled in Rolla, Missouri but nothing came up and so you might have quite a drive to find a member of AAV. I can't know what you'd be charged for beak, talons, and gas anesthesia but I would estimate ~$200. The state veterinary association is another resource for you. The association should have a list of vets who see birds even if the vet isn't a member of AAV. Please see here: http://www.movma.org/ for the Missouri Veterinary Medical Association.